Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Review/My Favorite Quotes/Lines - Leah on the Offbeat

Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli

5/5 gnomes

This book made me fall in love with Becky Albertalli's writing all over again. After reading all the books in the Simon universe it's great seeing how everything and everyone fits together.

I'm really happy that Leah got her own book and was happily surprised to see how everything ended up. Seeing Leah's point of view is great and explains a lot of what she was feeling in the first book.

Really adore the humor and love in this book. It's full of all the feelings pretty much. It gives you a look at characters that you know already and adds more depth to them all.

Overall the relationships and characters are so well done that you'll just fall right into the story and want these characters to all be happy.
__________________________________
My Favorite Quotes/Lines: and trust me this book is filled with a tonnage of great quotes.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“I’m basically your resident fat Slytherin Rory Gilmore.”

"And I have no idea if she’s kidding."

"So, now I’m wondering how hard you can side-eye someone before your eyes stick that way. Permanent side-eye. It’ll look great with my resting bitch face."

“Am I the worst person?” “Well, no,” says Simon. “That would be Voldemort.”

“Oh my God, of course!” She hugs me, and it’s like hugging a flower. It’s like that with skinny people. I’m always terrified I’ll crush them."

"Maybe that makes me a creepy little vampire, but I can’t help it."

"And I’m the worst kind of Slytherin. I’m the kind who’s so stupidly in love with a Gryffindor, she can’t even function. I’m the Draco from some shitty Drarry fic that the author abandoned after four chapters."

“We love cussing. But we say the fucking g. I don’t want to hear that apostrophe, Mom.

“Wait, let me try again.” I clear my throat. “I guess, exclamation point.”

“Well,” she says, “it appears that Garrett made our prom dinner reservations at the American Girl Bistro.”

“I think you can rent dolls,” Bram points out. “For the meal.” “I’m renting a doll,” says Simon. “Guys, I’m so fucking sorry.” Garrett covers his face."

“You keep running away.” “You keep finding me.”

“That’s right,” Abby says. “We went above and beyond for you, Simon.” “So, you’re welcome,” I add. “I’m shook,” Simon says, and Bram pats him on the arm.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)