Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Review and My Favorite Quotes/Lines - Letters to the Lost

Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer

5 out of 5 gnomes

So many feelings. I came to this series a little bit backwards I read the 2nd book 1st and fell in love with the characters. Then I figured out this book was first and knew I wanted to read it ASAP.

Kemmerer is pretty much a genius at writing books that stick with you and are hard to put down. I once again stayed up much later than I meant to just to finish this book.

The friendships and family dynamics are just so well done.

Declan and Juliet will most definitely make you Feel for them and root for them all at the same time.

The letter writing and twists make for a heck of a great read.
_____________________________________________

My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“Also ironic, because Rev is about as aggressive as an old golden retriever.”

“This is one of the things I love best about Rev. He’ll never force anything on anyone. I nod.”

“No hesitation. This is one of the reasons why I love him.”

“One day isn’t your whole life, Murph.” He waits until I look at him. “A day is just a day.”

“Every moment is meaningful.”

“In other words, life has a solid right hook, but it’s not going to take me down.”

“I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.”

“You wore your seat belt.”

“If fate were a person, I’d punch her in the face.”

“RF: I’m here. DM: Can I come over? RF: Always.”

“And right there, in the middle of his own crisis, Rev knows exactly what I need to hear. This is why he’s the perfect friend. And why I can’t wrap my head around him thinking he could ever hurt anyone.”

“Just because someone isn’t risking their life doesn’t mean their life’s work is . . . pointless.”

“We were wrong,” she says. “You make your own path.”

“For a tenth of a second, I think about running him over. Okay, maybe a full second."

“One who has unreliable friends may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)