Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Lively Libations aka My Review of Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge


4 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes

Feelings after reading - pumped up and thirsty (gotta try some of the drinks that were mentioned. :) )

This book was one wild ride. I adore the whole magic system that’s in play here. Cocktails for magic and a surprising other drink that heals makes for a truly fun read.

All the drink recipes and history are great additions that make the book shine too.

Bailey and the other characters are well done and have great chemistry. My favorite characters (besides the awesome Bailey) have to be Vincent and Bucket. I like that these characters definitely aren’t perfect but find their way as they go along.

Also great is the surprising big bad and just how far they will go to get what they want.

Overall, fighting evil with booze leads to plenty of surprises/twists/and a surprising amount of heart.

2 comments:

  1. I swear, Vincent almost made me cry twice! And Bucket made me cry tears of laughter! Definitely the best characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Vincent, especially with that ending.

      Yep, Bucket was hilarious, I really loved the humor overall. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)