Thursday, November 9, 2017

Review - The Glass Spare

The Glass Spare by Lauren DeStefano

4 gnomes out of 5 gnomes
 
If you’ve read any of this author’s previous books then you already know that you should prepare to have your heart torn out and stomped on a little. The love and heartbreak kind of jumps off the page at you at times. Saying that though I am really glad that I picked this book up and read it. It’s unique and a world I can’t wait to go back to.

You have a plethora of courtly politics and then you throw in things like curses and mysterious illnesses. This equals one jewel of a book.

This fantasy world makes you care right away. The sibling relationships especially are pretty well done. Then there are the romantic relationships including a rather unique take on the love triangle. The use of multiple points of view really helps too though I wish there had been more of her brother’s point of view.

Overall, a book well worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)