Thursday, March 2, 2017

Review - At the Edge of the Universe


At the Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson

My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

“He said we have to fall in love with the idea of a person before we can fall in love with the actual person.”

“People are assholes.” “You’re not an asshole, Ozzie.”

“...and no one can tell me where the light comes from without a goddamn sun!”

“GOOD-BYE, MOON. SO LONG, STARS.”

“The real world took my future. Don’t let it take yours.”

“Maybe some doors are better off closed. That way we can focus on the ones still open in front of us.”

“That’s not how the world works, Ozzie. Some things, you have to learn for yourself.”

4/5 gnomes

This book is trippy as heck but I really liked it. It's surreal for sure but will have you racing to find out how it ends.

Ozzie is the only one who remembers his boyfriend (to everyone else, he never existed), oh and the universe shrinks more everyday.

The shrinking of the universe makes the prose pretty claustrophobic at times but really draws you into the plot.

I don't want to spoil the end but it was darn near perfect. I liked it but still wished a little bit for more concrete answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)