Saturday, December 31, 2016

Review - The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily

The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

My Favorite Quotes/Lines:

“They were confused by how their dark cloud of a son could have brought home such a sunbeam.”

“Forced gaiety is the worst. I need sincerity to feel the season.”

“I don’t trifle with subpar carbs.”

“Ladies, gentlemen, distinguished librarians.”


3 gnomes and a gnome hat out of 5 gnomes

I loved/still love the first book about Dash and Lilly. I love getting to see the characters again but also wonder if this book was necessary.

It took more than a little while for me to connect with the characters again. To be more specific, it was Lily I really had trouble connecting with this time. I know she's been sheltered a lot and what not but at times I was just thinking what/why would you do that. Her decision making skills are a bit shaky it seems and you kind of want to sit her down and say maybe act your age.

After awhile though the story finally clicked with me. The first book is still the best but the end of this one is worthwhile too. The catastrophes toward the end brought everything together nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)