Monday, November 21, 2016

Sentence Sneak Peek - Miss Frost Ices the Imp

The first sentence from each chapter of Miss Frost Ices the Imp, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

“I sucked in a giddy breath as my gaze landed on the tackiest, most wonderful thing I’d ever seen.”

“Cooper offered to help me set up the rug, so I let him.”

Greyson didn’t technically meet me at Mummy’s since I arrived ahead of him.”

“Greyson walked me to the warehouse door and said good-bye to me there with a too-brief kiss.”

“Weird how?”

“I’d never heard the obvious stated quite so ominously.”

“I can’t lie.

“But that means telling your grandmother,” Delaney exclaimed.”

“In my office,” I responded.”

“The Greshams’ old Victorian looked a lot different at night than it had yesterday morning.”

“I knew I liked Birdie, but after she placed her breakfast order, I realized she might actually be my spirit animal.”

“I sat down at my desk, picked up the globe, and pushed the button to accept the call.”

“Cooper and I settled into the last available booth.”

“The box of goodies went into the employee break room (after Juniper and Kip helped themselves to a few select items), and Delaney and I settled into my office.”

“Later that day, Corette called to say the visibility spell was in place and that she’d designed it so the imp would only be visible to supernatural eyes.”

“No longer caring about the flash, I snapped as many pics as I could as fast as possible and hoped the light couldn’t be seen by whoever was approaching.”

“You have to be more careful.”

“Matilda Sharpe came around from the back of the cottage as we got out of the car.”

“I showed up at Cooper’s that evening after work in my tiniest sundress, strappy sandals, a push-up bra and full makeup and hair.”

“Juniper walked in behind her.”

“Corette called just as I finished giving Spider his dinner.”

“I got very close to Greyson and lowered my voice until I was sure only his vampire senses could pick up what I was saying.”


“As early as possible the next morning, Delaney had Stanhill drive us out to see Matilda Sharpe once again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)