Thursday, September 29, 2016

Mini Review - Memory Man

3 out of 5 gnomes

The character of Amos Decker is really fascinating. The whole never forgetting anything would be pretty horrible I imagine but it is really interesting to get inside this character's head. This point of view is an intriguing one and makes you wonder about how anybody would deal with having that kind of brain.

Then you add the trauma of having your family murdered and being able to remember every detail, not wonder he's not in the best shape/place when the book starts.

The mystery in the book is really good and has a plethora of twists and turns. It's the ultimate motivation of the big bad that seemed really flimsy to me. I was with it up to a certain point but wow things kind of go off the rails. With that said though I'm still curious to see where the series goes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)