Friday, August 12, 2016

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - Wax

Wax by Gina Damico

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

“The town of Paraffin smelled of everything.
Everywhere.
At the same time.
All the time.”

“Some townspeople claimed that they could no longer smell it. Those townspeople were lying.”

“The residents were good, wholesome cheese-loving people.”

“Then it beeped. Then it scolded me. Then it stopped talking altogether and decided to have an existential crisis instead.”

“You’re right. After all I’ve been through, I do deserve the promise of moist, kissable lips.”

“Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong SHIT.’” Broadway singing-swearing! The best kind!”

“And you’re getting something that rhymes with ‘lazy.’”

“Embarrassment was the most useless of emotions in this situation, and Poppy was sick of letting it wash over her without her permission. She was in charge now. She would have her donuts.”

“...and like the dung beetle, all she could think about was the immense pile of shit she was in.”

“What a colorful imagination you have!”

“Are you okay? Your face is doing a lot of things.”

“They’re sticking their fingers up,” said Dud, putting his hand through the window to do the same and pleasantly waving it at the enraged motorists. “Hi!”

“Gather round, kids,” said Poppy, “and let me tell you a little story about improvised incendiary devices.”

“You are the most healthful benefit I know.”

“And they all burned waxily ever after.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)