Monday, June 20, 2016

Sentence Sneak Peek - Sidekicked

Sidekicked by John David Anderson

The first sentence from each chapter of Sidekicked, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

It’s Tuesday.”

I am home less than an hour later.”

Jenna was right.”

I walk down the familiar stairs into the basement of my school— a place that very few non-Supers even know about.”

I suppose you’ll want to hear about where I come from, and where I got my powers, and what radioactive bug I was bitten by, and all of that junk.”

No one ever thinks anything strange about a superhero without a sidekick.”

Deep down, all superheroes have problems.”

It’s Thursday.”

By the end of the week, everything seems to be mostly back to normal.”

“What’s the big deal?”

I met Jenna Jaden a little over a year ago.”

It’s Saturday.”

It’s Monday.”

Being a Super isn’t easy.”

It’s Tuesday, the third Tuesday of the month.”

It’s Wednesday, and I’m back in school where I belong.”

The world stops spinning, only for a moment, and then speeds up again.”

I stare at Mr. Masters the way you stare at anyone who’s just said something incredibly stupid.”

When Mr. Masters drops me off two hours later, there is still a police car in my driveway.”

They have their own trading cards, you know. Supers, I mean.”

It’s Saturday, and everybody’s mowing their lawn.”

At least now I know what evil smells like.”

It’s Monday.”

I can’t concentrate. In history, Mr. Broadside is lecturing about the burning of Rome and promising to bring his fiddle to the next class and play for us, just like Nero.”

By the time the bell rings I’m already standing by Jenna’s locker.”

“She wasn’t much older than you, two, I guess. Taller, maybe, a little skinnier.”

When Red finishes, I stand up from the table, pushing my chair back.”

She’s right, of course.”

It’s Tuesday.”

Driving is easy.”

Mike is having a panic attack.”

It is said that a bloodhound’s sense of smell is fifty million times better than a human’s.”

So it’s Tuesday.”

The Superhero Sidekick Code of Conduct has four rules.”

When I can finally open my eyes again, I see the heroes through the smoke.”

It’s Tuesday, but you probably could have guessed that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)