Monday, March 7, 2016

Sentence Sneak Peek - Charmed


Charmed by Jen Calonita

The first sentence from each chapter of Charmed, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Received from NetGalley for review.
* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

Miri’s voice crackles through the magic mirrors in Fairy Tale Reform School.”

Jocelyn and I stop fighting long enough to take in the giant pirate ship that has appeared in our school lake.”

We’re not supposed to be here.”

Professor Harlow’s room has been completely transformed overnight.”

Gilly!”

I wake up to the glow of our magical chalkboard scroll lighting up our room like fireflies.”

An hour later, I can barely believe my eyes.”

Pete can’t prove it’s me if he can’t catch me.”

What were you thinking?”

Princess Rose rings a bell, and the RLWs in attendance stop whispering and stand at attention.”

We need more pink girls!”

I want to run to my parents and throw my arms around them, but Princess Rose says a lady never runs.”

The hallway smells like it hasn’t been opened in years.”

Tap!”

She’s helping us?”

I have one foot in the Pegasi carriage when I hear Miri loud and clear.”

I struggle to move, willing my body to wake up, but it doesn’t.”

The gargoyle’s rancid breath makes me inhale sharply, and I shrink back as I see its gray claws reach under the table for us.”

Gillian Cobbler — For your epic bravery in the war against Alva, we grant you early release from Fairy Tale Reform School.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)