Monday, February 22, 2016

Sentence Sneak Peek - Arrows

Arrows by Melissa Gorzelanczyk 

The first sentence from each chapter of Arrows, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
“We landed at the edge of a high school parking lot, me with two arrows in my pack.”

One year later
I sped home from school with the window all the way down.”

“Phoebe smiled and slid closer to Chaz on the marble bench in the alcove, making room for me.”

“What did Jen want?”

Day 1
My eyes snapped open, then squinted at the bright sky.”

“Why is she giving him a ride?”

Day 2
The room Juliette had helped me rent was stuffy and dark.”

Day 9
Jen hoisted herself into the middle of the truck cab, and I followed.”

“I peeked out the front door with Nell balanced on my hip.”

Day 10
“Ready to catch some fish?”

“So…you and Danny talked about everything, then?”

Day 17
Karma was at the game a week later.”

“The studio seemed alive and smelled earthy from the diffusers Juliette had placed inside the entry.”

Day 17
I crossed my arms as Karma strolled to the center of the studio.”

“Aaryn’s gaze was gentle when we locked eyes, and there was a hint of a smile pulling his mouth, this nervous, kind of shocked smile.”

“What the hell happened to your face?”

Day 18
Karma sped the entire way to rehearsal, her music playing unusually loud.”

“Roses?”

Day 19
Idiot.”

“I couldn’t hide the storm from my face when I threw my dance bag into the cubby.”

“Two weeks later I loaded enough suitcases and baby gear into Juliette’s rented van to survive an apocalypse.”

Day 39
She was the best.”

“That night Peyton and I were up late.”

Day 40
“Hey, Aaryn.”

Day 58
The candles in the room flickered as I walked to the door.”

“With a teensy bit of nagging, we’d set a date for his going-away party: Saturday night, two weeks after our dinner, complete with a bonfire and strands of twinkly lights.”

Day 74
The pen left a tiny blue dot on each date as I counted.”

“The studio had this amazing vibe when we walked in, like I’d really pulled off a night to remember with all the balloons and music and just the right amount of red.”

Day 74
“What are you going to do?”

“I’m not at home, Danny.”

Day 74
The doorknob to my bedroom turned, and Karma came out, eyes puffier than when she went in, hair disheveled, like a girl who’d been beaten.”

“How could you leave the party with him?”

“Endlessness.”

“I shivered as I stood outside Aaryn’s apartment, knocking loudly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)