Wednesday, February 3, 2016

My Favorite Quotes/Lines - Red Rising

Red Rising by Pierce Brown

***May be kind of Spoilerish so only read if you've read the book :)

“I would have lived in peace.”

“I was forged in the bowels of this hard world. Sharpened by hate. Strengthened by love.”

“I just watched and thought it a shame that he died dancing but without his dancing shoes.”

“Old enough to screw, old enough to crew.”

“But she’s got the passion for ideas, while I’ve got no extra passion for anything but her.”

“Rather a drink be my master than a man. These chains taste sweet.”

“Did it make any of our lives any better? Dying for a cause doesn’t do a bloodydamn thing. It just robbed us of his laughter.”

““Break the chains, my love.”

“Live for more,” she mouths to me.”

“Told him words and dance mean as much as dust.”

“My people sing, we dance, we love. That is our strength.”

““We must take a different path. An empire cannot be destroyed from without till it is destroyed from within. Remember that. We’re empire-breakers, not terrorists.”

“If violence is the Gold sport, manipulation is their art form.”

“Darrow is like a stallion, one of the old stallions of Earth. Beautiful beasts that will run as hard as you push them. They will run. And run. And run. Until they don’t. Until their hearts explode.”

“This is not Lykos. There is no love, no family or trust. This place is sick.”
“Life’s ironies are not charming.”

“They didn’t create me. She did.”

““Men are not created equal; we all know this. There are averages. There are outliers. There are the ugly. There are the beautiful.”

“Martyrs, you see, are like bees. Their only power comes in death. How many of you would sacrifice yourself to not kill, but merely hurt your enemy? Not one of you, I wager.”

“Freedom costs too much.”

“The Peerless Scarred know that dark deeds are carried through life. They cannot be outrun. They must be worn if one is to rule. This is their first lesson. Or was it that the weak do not deserve life?”

“I’m a sheep wearing wolves’ clothing in a pack of wolves.”

“Always negotiate with food. I make a note.”

“Her words strike my heart. They echo through time from another’s lips. Live for more. More than power. More than vengeance. More than what we’re given.”

“I can give my people a future. That is what Eo wanted.”

“Mustang’s strategy is Eo’s dream.”

“Man cannot be freed by the same injustice that enslaved it.”

“If someone cuts you, I rip them apart. So, will you join our army?”

“Pax won’t stop laughing like a girl.”

“PAX AU TELEMANUS! PAX AU TELEMANUS!”

“The measure of a man is what he does when he has power,” I say loudly.”

“Every time any of you commit a crime like this, something gratuitous and perverse, you will own it and I will own it with you, because when you do something wicked, it hurts all of us.”

“They don’t understand. Golds don’t do this. Golds don’t sacrifice for one another.”

“You do not follow me because I am the strongest. Pax is. You do not follow me because I am the brightest. Mustang is. You follow me because you do not know where you are going. I do.”

“The best shall rise. Or is it the best connected?”

“Such a soft heart in such a hard form.”

“The fools. Alexander was a child when he ruined his first nation.”

“Perhaps one day I’ll have two hearts to give.”

“Reaper has come home.”

“No matter his confidence, I am right. He is wrong. I am the spark that will set the worlds afire. I am the hammer”

“It is not funny at all. Steel is power. Money is power. But of all the things in all the worlds, words are power.”

“I come from a people of song and dance. I don’t need him to tell me the power of words. But I smile nonetheless.”

1 comment:

  1. I like them and i am currently deciding which quote to use as a tattoo, and this helped my i think. But where's ,,omnis vir lupus" and ,,hic sunt leones" and ,, per aspera ad astra"?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)