Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sentence Sneak Peek - Opposition

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

The first sentence from each chapter of Opposition, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

Back in the day, I had this plan for the off chance that I was around for the whole end-of-the-world thing.”

Everyone, including me, seemed to be frozen for a moment, as if time had been stopped, but I knew that hadn’t happened.”

The constant stream of voices in my true tongue, along with a dozen other human languages, caused a fierce throbbing in my temples.”

The edges of my vision tinged in red, and like a ticked-off cobra striking, I shot across the room as the Luxen sensed my presence and straightened.”

I still stared at Daemon, completely aware that everyone else except him was watching me.”

The edges of the piece of glass were digging into my palm as I stared at Daemon.”

Daemon had the TV turned on in the bedroom, volume low, when I walked in with a towel wrapped around me.”

I kept my lips sealed tight as the Luxen male—the same one who’d shown up in the bathroom to check on Daemon the night before—led me away from the vehicle Daemon and Dawson piled into along with their sister.

I didn’t like this setup at all.”

There were moments in my life when I seriously couldn’t believe things could get any more fucked up than they already were, especially with Dee running off to join the damn Luxen circus.”

After that little bomb was dropped on us, no one really had anything else to say.”

Kat looked like her brain hurt.”

Oh my God, I felt like I needed to sit down or I was going to fall over.”

“Hunter?”

“Did you know . . .”

I’d gone through three chocolate candy bars by the time we neared Atlanta and was experiencing a major sugar rush.”

Well, shit balls for dinner on Sunday.”

I was going to hurl all over my sneakers.”

It was taking everything in my power not to introduce my boot to Lotho’s face.”

As the last Luxen dropped to the floor in a messy pile, I whipped around to where I’d last seen Kat and Dee.”

Freshly showered and rested enough that the aches from my battle royale with Dee had faded, I joined everyone in the living room.”

The ride to Petersburg was a lot more uneventful than the trip to Atlanta, with the exception of the bickering between Daemon and Archer and the state of some of the highways we traveled on.”

The bastard strolled on in like he owned the place, completely at ease and with absolutely no fear.”

The mass of Arum hit the ground, their forms solidifying as they rose over the homes like oily shadows, and then they blanketed everything like black snow.”

“Daemon?”

Eleven months later . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)