Monday, July 21, 2014

Sentence Sneak Peek - White Trash Zombie Apocalypse

White Trash Zombie Apocalypse by Diana Rowland

The first sentence from each chapter of White Trash Zombie Apocalypse, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

Spoilers are highlighted like so :)


“Rain.”

“Angel!”

“Five days and counting,” Nick said with a smile.”

“I raced home, showered and changed, even spent about twenty minutes on my hair and makeup and was mostly pleased with the result.”

“I quickly dug the bag of brain chips out of my purse and stuffed them into my jacket pocket, then did my best to put on an exasperated expression.”

“I’d actually planned ahead for once, and swapped part of my eight a.m. to four p.m. shift with Jerry, the other full-time van driver, so that I didn’t have to come in so early in the morning after the late night out with Marcus.”

“The autopsy of Brenda Barnes went quickly, though Dr. Leblanc remained puzzled about the cause of death despite knowing what had killed her: hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which was a condition where the heart muscle got too thick to pump blood properly, he’d explained.”

“The rain came down again in a light but steady fall.”

“It was only a little after one a.m., which seemed weird.”

“The minute my shift ended I got the hell out of there.”

“I woke with a headache, which was weird since I hadn’t had a true headache since becoming a zombie.”

“Babe.”

“I told myself I’d study until eleven which would give me enough time to get ready so I wouldn’t be in a frantic rush before Brian picked me up.”

“Our route to the lab had been almost entirely back roads and seldom-used highways, though I wasn’t sure if that was the only way to get there or if it was on purpose to keep me from finding the place again.”

“Brian walked me around the corner and down a hallway.”

“To my relief, my dad’s truck wasn’t in the driveway when Brian dropped me off.”

“A sound woke me, a dull thumping, but without any particular rhythm or cadence.”

“It didn’t seem right that it could only be ten a.m.”

“The Tucker Point High School gym was one creepy-as-hell place at night.”

“Hungry, I detoured to the small fridge in the coach’s office where I’d stashed my bottles.”

“To my surprise, I managed to get back to sleep without any problem.”

“Once again I found myself grateful that I lived in a small town.”

“As the body fell, Philip dropped into a crouch, tore the man’s skull apart, and began to stuff chunks of brain into his mouth.”

“I expected Brian to head to the same lab I’d visited the other day, where I’d seen Kang’s head and met Dr. Nikas, but instead he stopped after about two minutes of driving and pulled up to a loading dock behind an old brick warehouse.”

“I gave a pint of blood to Jacques, accepted a packet of brains in return, then checked on Philip.”

“I half expected some awkwardness in the morning, but Marcus was already cooking eggs when I woke up and shambled into the kitchen.”

“You sure this is a good idea?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)