Thursday, February 27, 2014

Unique Unravel

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

5 gnomes out of 5 gnomes

This is a rare book for me because I found myself loving it far more than I did the first book. I think either things are better put together in this second book or I just became used to the idiosyncrasies of the characters more.

The story just really gels in this one and you discover even more characters to care about. At Omega Point you meet a lot of people with powers and see what the Resistance is like in this world. It’s interesting to see how she reacts/doesn’t react among all these new people.

Juliette actually starts to crawl out of her own mind and interact with the world more. It’s eye-opening just realizing how much she missed while locked away. You can just imagine how hard it would be to interact with the world if you had the same power she does.

The love triangle is so surprising. I’ve never done such a complete 180 on my feelings on a love triangle. By the end I was rooting for someone that I didn’t even like the first book.

All the characters grow as people and you see more sides to everyone. There are also some steamy scenes in this book that I know I wasn’t expecting. This book will have your emotions all over the place.

A plethora of problems and traumatic twists abound. The end will have you ready to read the next book ASAP. This is a strong sequel and a great addition to the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)