Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Rogue Resolution

Rogue by Gina Damico

5 out of 5 gnomes for the whole series and an extra absorbent gnome hat for the finale of Rogue


This series was one heck of a ride but I adore this crazy world and its characters.  As you can see from my tweet here the ending is one you'll be talking/thinking about:










I love the humor and heart this series has while dealing with the grim job of being a Grim. All the dark humor is right up my alley and I found myself laughing out loud a lot during this book.  There will be so much tension and then WAM a joke will hit right out of nowhere. Be warned though, there is a lot of sadness mixed in with the fun of the book especially at the end.

Even with jokes mixed in with the danger this was one intense read.  As you may know if you read the other books in the series, things were not exactly going very swimmingly for any of them at the end of the last book. This book is essentially the end game for them all, their last chance to fix everything that's broken and keep the Afterlife going forever.

Gina Damico is not afraid to let her characters die which is alternately great and horrifying. You may think you know which characters are safe but you’d be gravely mistaken. There is also a tremendous twist in the way that everything ends and the final solution.

If you like surprising final books then this book is definitely for you. It's full of great character moments including one of my favorites where a very deserving character gets punched in the face.

You might think that you know how it's going to end but I think the end will likely surprise you. It feels like an epic ending the more I think about it and it really is a fitting finale for this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)