Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sentence Sneak Peek - Wish

Wish by Beth Bracken and Kay Fraser

The first sentence from each chapter of Invisibility, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.
 
* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* ARC provided by the publisher for review

We are always together, Lucy and I.

Soli is like my sister.

After school, I run home through our shortcut in the woods.

It started when Jaleel and I walked home together.

In the woods, Soli was angry.

The faeries aren’t at all how I imagined them.

My whole life, my mother has left the faeries offerings.

There’s a rock in my hand when I wake up.

When we were five, we promised we’d be best friends forever.

Why are you here?

Lucy’s mother looks terrible.

Once we were in the woods, Lucy and I, playing a game.

When you think of faeries, you think of light.

In the forest, I stop running.

The guard throws me back into the cold stone room where Kheelan still waits.

I cry myself to sleep on the stone floor of Queen Calandra’s prison.

I’m here.

It seems like hours pass in the cold, cobwebby silence of our cell.

After Kheelan escapes, the guards take me to Queen Calandra.

She sends me back to my cell, empty now without Kheelan there.

Kheelan and I walk for miles.

The queen shoots angry looks at me as the guard pushes me into her chambers.

Night is falling again.

Here is the story the willow queen tells me.

I’m starting to think we’ll never reach the Black Lake.

The water is cold.

Here is the story Caro tells me.

I am soaking wet when I climb out of the water.

Kheelan and I run.

At first, the queen looks shocked.


I look my mother in the eye, but she can’t meet my gaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)