Monday, June 3, 2013

Sentence Sneak Peek - Invisibility

Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and David Levithan

The first sentence from each chapter of Invisibility, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)

I WAS BORN INVISIBLE.

I THOUGHT NEW YORK would be different.”

FOR THE FIRST FEW minutes, I try to convince myself that the curse has been broken.”

I SHOULDN’T BE HERE.

I DON’T KNOW HOW I can do this.”

LAURIE’S LAUGHTER CARRIES through the closed door as I turn the key.”

I AM FINDING IT HARDER and harder to concentrate on myself when I am around her.”

I SHOULD BE HAPPY.

MY MIND, FOR A MOMENT, is caught in a tight loop.”

LAURIE GUIDES ME to the couch.”

I TELL HER EVERYTHING I know.”

WHEN I WAS TWELVE and my family hadn’t yet disintegrated, we made our annual pilgrimage to the Minnesota State Fair.”

“WHO ARE YOU?”

I LIE IN STEPHEN’S ARMS, twining and untwining my fingers with his.”

THIS WHOLE TIME, I’ve wanted to know exactly how she saw me.”

MILLIE WASTES NO TIME in shooing Laurie and Stephen out of the hexatorium.”

THE WHOLE WAY HOME, Laurie is worried that he’s lost me.”

I AM FROZEN IN my chair.”

“STEPHEN.”

I’VE BEEN LYING TO STEPHEN.

MY ENEMY.

AFTER YOU’VE SPENT ENOUGH time drawing people, espe-cailly their faces, you learn the trick of creating your own mask.”

JUST AS A FEVER makes cold feel colder, love can make loneli-ness feel lonelier.”

I’VE NEVER THOUGHT to care about tea one way or another, but sitting in the hexatorium while Millie pours me the zillionth cup I’ve had since I met her, I decide I hate it.”

“I’VE BEEN SO FOOLISH,” Millie says.”

I’M SO ACCUSTOMED to Millie’s gentle shuffling back and forth within the confines of the hexatorium that I’m stunned by how quickly she moves now.”

TWENTY-FOUR HOURS.

I GET THAT MY MOM doesn’t know I have an invisible boy-friend whose grandfather is a maniacal black magic user.”

SAUL IS DEAD, and I have no doubt that Millie will be next if we leave this room.”

I’M RUNNING FOR THE stairs.”

WHATEVER IT IS THAT she’s doing, it’s too much for her.”

“IT WORKED.”

I KEEP VIGIL.

IN THE AFTERMATH OF it all, when I am sick and broken and so very, very tired, I finally understand that I am not a superhero.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)