Monday, March 4, 2013

Sentence Sneak Peek - Deadweather and Sunrise: The Chronicles of Egg

Deadweather and Sunrise: The Chronicles of Egg by Geoff Rodkey
 
The first sentence from each chapter of Deadweather and Sunrise: The Chronicles of Egg, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Book received from the publisher for review

Nobody lived on Deadweather but us and the pirates.”

It started with the look on Dad’s face.”

Sunrise Island was breathtaking, even prettier than the name would suggest.”

An hour later, a white-shirted waiter was clearing the remains of the greatest meal I’d ever seen, made all the greater by the fact that I’d actually gotten to eaten some of it.”

I thought I knew what a balloon was.”

Tell me, Egg—what do you know about the Fire King?”

By the time I sat down in one of the big leather chairs facing Mr. Pembroke’s desk, my stomach was hollow and fluttery, and my whole body felt weak.”

I took Birch’s horse because it was bigger and faster, and even though I didn’t know where I was going, I figured I had to get there in a hurry.”

By the time I finally crawled out from under the tarp, I was a wreck.”

I stared up at the two pirates, wondering what their smiles meant.”

My first impression of being dead was that it was awfully loud.”

My plan for starting a fire didn’t work.”

Dunno why yer all in a twist.”

‘Oo’s she think she is?”

There was no mistaking the Grift, Burn Healy’s flagship.”

I found Guts and Millicent back on the foredeck, trying to stay out of the way of the crewmen who were darting about the rig-ging, groggy and surly after being woken up to change course for Deadweather.”

After Millicent shot Percy, the soldiers put down their shovels and left in a hurry.”

I led Millicent and Guts up the mountain, half a mile past Rotting Bluff to where a wide stretch of mossy scrub separated the tree line from the black crumble of the lava fields.”

Took courage, memorizin’ that map,” said Guts.”

Once we’d eaten, all I wanted to do was sleep.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)