Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sentence Sneak Peek - American Ghoul

American Ghoul by Walt Morton

The first sentence from each chapter of American Ghoul, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Book received from the publisher for review.

 On the night my parents died, I survived.”

“The next morning I woke real late.”

“The first day of school was Monday, September fifth.”

“Two things happened on October the eleventh.”

“Around the middle of November, Granny and I were both feeling that growing hunger again.”

“After Thanksgiving, the weather turned cold and you sensed December in New Jersey was going to get nasty.”

“By the second week of January I was back to the hellish routine of Pinebury High School.”

“The second week of February I was putting my copy of Lord of the Flies back in my locker after Mrs. Nolan’s English class when Diane De Luca walked up to me and waited until I noticed her.”

“After Granny and I ate portions of Pearl, my health came right back in two days.”

“I couldn’t wear a hat forever so the following week I went to school wearing my Mohawk haircut.”

“As we raced down the turnpike, I was looking for a way out.”

“On June 8, we had the Pinebury High School Senior Class Commencement.”

“After school ended Marie and I kept seeing each other that summer on Friday nights for a movie or to hang around and talk at the Dairy Queen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)