Friday, March 1, 2013

Rooting for Redemption

Rewrite Redemption by J.H. Walker

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Book received from the author for review

5 out of 5 tiara wearing bats

This is one of my favorite books that I have read in a while.  I loved the characters, at first sight both of the main characters catch your interest.  A.J.’s back story is so sad and yet awe inspiring. To have to live with losing her mother at such a young age and feeling responsible.  And god having to live with never knowing what will happen next.  At any moment to having to be ready to pretty much disappear, not knowing completely when or where she is going to end up.

Constantine’s story pulls you in right away to the world of the editors. Letting you see even before you know the extent of their abilities that even the littlest mistakes can have the gravest effects.

The science of how everything works with the time travel is amazing.  I love that it is all interlinked with the trees and the different rings.  The guild is set up nicely, I enjoyed the forethought that went into how the editor genes are spread.  Hard for the government to takeover when the traits literally are just who wins the genetic lottery.

Ever the non main characters are alive enough that they jump off the page.  Lex is fantastic.  One of my favorite scenes is when Lex takes on her mom.

This is one of my top five recommended to be read books. Short chapters and a good paced plot keep you reading as the story layers and loops upon itself with twists and turns that you may or may not see coming. Even if time travel normally isn't the type of thing that would get your attention I say give this book a try.  It might surprise you.

I look forward to seeing what is next in the world of these books.  And J.H. Walker I do hope you are serious about the next being on the way cause I am waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)