Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday - The Goddess Inheritance

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on...  


The Goddess Inheritance by Aimée Carter

* Book will be released February 26, 2013

Check out the description from Barnes & Noble:

"Love or life. Henry or their child. The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose. 
During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her—until Cronus offers a deal. 
In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead. 
With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything. 
Even if it costs her eternity."

This series has been one fascinating take on Greek mythology.  Kate and Henry bring new life to the old tale of Persephone, and of course you find out why Henry’s first marriage didn’t go so well.  After the rather surprising ending of the last book, I’m hoping that everything turns out well in this conclusion and that it doesn’t end tragically like many Greek myths do.

12 comments:

  1. I've got the first book in this series in my TBR pile. One day I've got to get to it, lol.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah YES, I reeeaally want to read this one too. Great story and a pretty cover .. what's not to like? ;-)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, yeah I can't wait to see how this series ends because it got really interesting at the end of the second book. Indeed great story + a pretty cover = Always Good. :)

      Delete
  3. I have to read the first one, UGH! My TBR list keeps growing and growing, I feel like I'll never catch up!
    New follower <3
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, my TBR pile is huge too. Thanks for checking out Bibliognome and following. :)

      Delete
  4. Pretty cover, enjoy your read.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the covers are all pretty cool. Thanks hope you enjoy your read too. :)

      Delete
  5. I stopped reading this trilogy because I couldn't get through the second book. I hope you like it, though!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you ever go back to it, there was a great ending. Thanks I do hope the series ends well. :)

      Delete
  6. I want this book soooo bad <3 I think this may be one of my favorite series. Not ever, but definitely up there. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Check out my WoW?
    - New Follower (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is definitely a great series. Thanks for following/stopping by. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)