Monday, December 3, 2012

Aliens Aplenty

Alien vs. Alien by Gini Koch

* Received a copy from the author for review

5 out of 5 gnomes

Action, scandal, butt kicking, these are just some of the parts that make up this awesome series.  Alien vs Alien is another great wallop-packing addition to Gini Koch’s Alien series.  

Their problems start in Florida, which is surprising because after the last time they were in Florida I was pretty sure they’d never voluntarily go back again.  A potential scandal may be brewing but the group also finds a very unlikely political ally.  I also like that while in Florida the reader gets more of an insight into Lucinda Martini and why she acts like she does.

Their problems don’t end in Florida though, there are bigger issues at hand and the final fight and the aftermath are like nothing the team has handled before.  They are way outgunned and the other side doesn’t seem to care who gets hurt.

There are lots of great character moments and plenty of laugh out loud scenes.  More awesome poofiness and some new allies are added in too.  A lot of the funny in this book comes from a new skill that Kitty learns. Needless to say, Kitty’s new skill is very entertaining.

All of the characters continue to grow and become more interesting. Jamie continues to be surprising and I can’t wait to see her grow up more.  I have a feeling that her and a lot of the other babies being born will be quite formidable in the future.  Amy is really growing on me as a character, her and Christopher are quite the combination.  I also love  the other couples that are introduced including one that I never suspected.  

This book definitely feels like a turning point in the series.  The ending just leaves open so many options about what could happen next.  I foresee even more intriguing events in the future.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)