Monday, November 19, 2012

Sentence Sneak Peek - Debris Dreams

Debris Dreams by David Colby

The first sentence from each chapter of Debris Dreams, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Provided by the publisher for review

I saw the flash out of the corner of my eye.

The Disaster got worse just in time for me to be numb.”

The conscription notice appeared in the form of a red tag to replace my purple one and an email.”

The screen stabbed me in the back.

I had just been finishing off an email to Sarah, detailing everything from the PCP to my Sharpshooter qualifi-cation to the fact that the Forge had finally made our real guns and they were being shipped off when I heard a voice behind me.”

In wars of bygone eras, there was a concept called enfilade fire.”

I breathed slow and careful, my hands gripping my PPR.”

We managed to make some coherent stars and move around in them for the first time on Wednesday.”

My ten days in space were an exercise in carefully controlled insanity.”

The trip from where we took the DOTtie to the Forge was really feǐ yí suǒ sī boring.”

I woke the next morning wrapped up in the bedroll, with my ears dribbling with high command gobbledygook.”

Five days ago, the Loonies pulled something at about the same time Texas tried their attack.”

They’re piling out.

I floated in nothingness and tried to not think about biting my fingers off.”

Running from a railgun is not the most pleasant way to mourn.”

Night One came way too soon.

Three casualties.”

Friday evening.

DruofNight: Hey, is this thing working?

Fire licked at the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)