Monday, August 27, 2012

Recommend A...Book With a Character Who Plays a Sport


Shanyn from Chick Loves Lit came up with this awesome feature for Mondays.

Shanyn says, "“Recommend A…” will have a new prompt every week, which I will have posted ahead of time on the Recommend A… page.   All you have to do is Recommend with me on Mondays, following the prompt, and link me so I (and everyone else) can see what you’ve recommended!"

This week I Recommend A...Book With a Character Who Plays a Sport

If by chance you haven't read any of the Harry Potter books, here's the description from Goodreads

"Harry Potter thinks he is an ordinary boy. He lives with his Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia and cousin Dudley, who make him sleep in a cupboard under the stairs. Then Harry starts receiving mysterious letters and his life is changed for ever. He is whisked away by a beetle-eyed giant of a man and enrolled in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The reason: Harry Potter is a wizard!"

As you can see from my choice of books, I usually prefer that the sports I read about are magical.  Sometimes I find that in books where the character plays a sport that it can be boring especially if the sport kind of takes over the whole story.  I want to care about the characters more than the sport, that's one reason that I love the Harry Potter series so much.  The sport of Quidditch is fascinating and it adds a lot of excitement and energy to the story whenever it's played.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh, I was very close to choosing Harry Potter! This week's Recommend A... prompt taught me that I have a rather short list of sporty book characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, yeah I don't really get into sports books either usually but magical sports are definitely more my cup of tea. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)