Monday, August 13, 2012

Recommend A...Book With a Blue Cover

Shanyn from Chick Loves Lit came up with this awesome feature for Mondays.

Shanyn says, "“Recommend A…” will have a new prompt every week, which I will have posted ahead of time on the Recommend A… page. All you have to do is Recommend with me on Mondays, following the prompt, and link me so I (and everyone else) can see what you’ve recommended!"

This week I Recommend A...Book With a Blue Cover
 


 Here's the summary from Goodreads:

"Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.
But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love."

I really adore this book and it's sequel is pretty great too.  My review can be found here. My initial reaction to the ending was:  "At the end, which I read while working, I totally had a wow don't mind the teary-eyed librarian moment.  Not a lot of books get me emotional but WAM this book just takes aim and skews all the expectations you may have. I can not wait until the next book Pandemonium is released." This is a book that I can't recommend enough because it's such an interesting read.

2 comments:

  1. This is the second recommendation of Delirium that I've read today - must dig it out of my TBR stack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, yeah you should totally dig DELIRIUM out of your TBR stack and read it ASAP. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)