Friday, August 31, 2012

Dark Demons

Demon Eyes by Scott Tracey

 
* Read via NetGalley
* Book will be released October 8, 2012


5 out of 5 gnomes

This series is quickly growing into one of my favorites.  There's a great mix of paranormal creatures and powers (it's looking like just about any creature could show up, I for one am waiting for some kind of awesome demonic unicorn to appear.)

Braden still has a rather interesting set of friends.  Drew and Jade are probably my favorite side characters/potential couple that I enjoy reading about the most.  Braden and Drew are close friends even though that tends to piss of Trey.  Jade, Trey's sister, is kind of an enigma because she seems icy to everyone one moment and then the next she's helping Braden even though he's on the other side of the feud.

Braden's life isn't getting any easier now that he knows his father.  Jason's not exactly a nice guy and he doesn't want to end the feud between him and Catherine anytime soon.  The feud really explodes in this book so much so that I'm worried that the Romeo and Juliet-type relationship between Trey and Braden might end like the actual play does (I'm just crossing my fingers and toes hoping that doesn't happen.)

Braden has even more internal strife in this book trying to get over the actions of what he had to do at the end of the first book.  His witch eye power and character take quite the interesting turn in this story.

I thought I knew what was going to happen next but then a pretty much 180 happens at the end of the book.  The ending and all that happened was crazy good.  My spoiler free thoughts while reading the ending = TREY! G____! What just happened? EYES! Oh and some colorful curses and also the words oh noooo a lot.  I can't wait to see what happens next, I just really hope that it ends happily.


Favorite Quote:

"Face-punchably real?"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)