Monday, July 2, 2012

Recommend A...Contemporary Book



Shanyn from Chick Loves Lit came up with this awesome feature for Mondays.

Shanyn says, "“Recommend A…” will have a new prompt every week, which I will have posted ahead of time on the Recommend A… page. All you have to do is Recommend with me on Mondays, following the prompt, and link me so I (and everyone else) can see what you’ve recommended!"

This week I Recommend A...Contemporary Book


Here's the summary from Goodreads:
"Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?"


I wholeheartedly recommend this book to everyone, I had never read that many contemporary books before this one but this book showed me how great they could be.  I laughed a lot while reading this story, there is a lot of funny going on in these pages.

My favorite quote from the book:
 "Any bloke with a working prick would be insane not to like you."..."Because, of course, of how intelligent you are.  And funny.  Not that you aren't attractive. Because you are. Attractive."...

4 comments:

  1. GREAT pick! Definitely a book HIGH up on my recommend list. I recommend it to everyone. It's definitely one of my top favorite contemporaries.

    If you haven't read Lola and the Boy Next Door yet, you really should. =D It's great too. Not as great as Anna, but still a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah I recommend it a lot too. I loved LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR too and can't wait for the third book. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Anna and the French Kiss! It's actually on my Recommend A... today too! I have a feeling it's going to be popping up all over the place today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, well I guess great minds think alike. :) It's definitely a great contemporary book because the characters just really pop off the page.

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)