Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday - Seraphina

"Waiting On"  Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on...



Seraphina by Rachel Hartman

* Book will be released July 10, 2012.


Check out the description from Goodreads:


"Four decades of peace have done little to ease the mistrust between humans and dragons in the kingdom of Goredd. Folding themselves into human shape, dragons attend court as ambassadors, and lend their rational, mathematical minds to universities as scholars and teachers. As the treaty's anniversary draws near, however, tensions are high.

Seraphina Dombegh has reason to fear both sides. An unusually gifted musician, she joins the court just as a member of the royal family is murdered—in suspiciously draconian fashion. Seraphina is drawn into the investigation, partnering with the captain of the Queen's Guard, the dangerously perceptive Prince Lucian Kiggs. While they begin to uncover hints of a sinister plot to destroy the peace, Seraphina struggles to protect her own secret, the secret behind her musical gift, one so terrible that its discovery could mean her very life.

In her exquisitely written fantasy debut, Rachel Hartman creates a rich, complex, and utterly original world. Seraphina's tortuous journey to self-acceptance is one readers will remember long after they've turned the final page."




I'm really looking forward to this book it looks to be a great fantasy with a lot of mysterious events thrown in.  The cover looks like it would make a great poster for my wall, it really drew me in and made me look to see what the story was about.  Dragons are always interesting to read about and this book looks like it takes dragons in an intriguing direction.  

14 comments:

  1. I have seen Seraphina on a few blogs today. A nice pick.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-dark-light-by-sara.html

    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard a lot about Seraphina, will be checking it out :D Luv ur blog name **New Follower**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, yeah I knew I had to check it out the first time I saw the cover. :) Thanks for stopping by Bibliognome.

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I'm excited to read this one. :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me to. I pre-ordered it from Amazon and will be getting it the day it's released. :)

      Delete
  4. I've read some really fabulous reviews of Seraphina and plan to get it for my niece and nephews to read when it comes out. Great pick! :-)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me to, that's another reason why I knew I had to have the book. :)

      Delete
  5. This one sounds really good :) Great choice!

    Shortskie's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy! your choice looks good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really looking forward to reading it. :)

      Delete
  7. This looks fantastic and I love books with dragons...so does a friend..I'll add this to my wishlist and let her know about it.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, yes be sure to definitely spread the word about this awesome looking book. :)

      Delete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)