Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sentence Sneak Peek - Shadow and Bone

The first sentence from each chapter of Shadow and Bone, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* ARC read via Around The World ARC Tours
* Book will be released June 5, 2012

"THE SERVANTS CALLED THEM malenchki, little ghosts, because they were the smallest and the youngest, and because they haunted the Duke's house like giggling phantoms, darting in and out of rooms, hiding in cupboards to eavesdrop, sneaking into the kitchen to steal the last of the summer peaches."


"STANDING ON THE EDGE of a crowded road, I looked down onto the rolling fields and abandoned farms of the Tula Valley and got my first glimpse of the Shadow Fold."


"THE MORNING PASSED in a blur: breakfast, a brief trip to the Documents Tent to pack addi-tional inks and paper, then the chaos of the dry-dock."


"I WOKE WITH A START."


"TEARS OF FRUSTRATION welled in my eyes as Ivan dragged me out of the tent and into the late-afternoon sun."


"THE NEXT FEW DAYS passed in a blur of discom-fort and exhaustion."


"I DREAMED THAT I was back in Keramzin, slipping through the darkened hallways on stockinged feet, trying to find Mal."


"I TRIED TO CALM MYSELF and to slow the beating of my heart but, before I knew it, we had made our way through the grounds and were climbing the white marble steps to the Grand Palace."


"AFTER A RESTLESS NIGHT, I woke early and couldn't get back to sleep."


"IT WAS A COMPLETE DISASTER."

"THE NEXT MORNING, my body ached so badly that I could barely drag myself out of bed."

"WHEN I THOUGHT things couldn't get any worse, they did."

"THE NEXT MORNING wasn't as bad as I'd expected."

"THAT VERY AFTERNOON, I joined the other Etherealki by the lake and called my power for them for the first time."

"AS WINTER DREW to a close, talk turned to the King and Queen's fete at the Grand Palace."

"ONLY WHEN I WAS IN MY ROOM, the door closed securely behind me, did I let my sobs over-take me."


"BAGHRA'S RELIEF WAS UNMISTAKABLE, but she wasted no time."


"MAL TOOK BOTH WATCHES and let me sleep the night through."


"WE STILL SAW shoots of new grasses and even a few wildflowers, but there were fewer sights of spring as we headed north to Tsibeya and into the reaches where Mal believed we would find the stag."

"MY LIGHT KEPT US WARM through the night in the lee of the rock."

"WE WALKED IN SILENCE for over an hour."

"I PICKED AT MY DINNER and then lay down on my cot again, turning over the things that Genya had said."

"DAWN WAS CREEPING OVER Kribirsk as Ivan brought me back to my tent."

"THE BOY AND THE GIRL stand at the railing of the ship, a true ship that rolls and rocks on the heaving back of the True Sea."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)