Monday, April 2, 2012

Sentence Sneak Peek - The Hunt

The Hunt by C.J. Ellisson

The first sentence from each chapter of The Hunt, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)


"As I lay here, curled around my husband's firm body, I begin to wonder: Am I crazy?"

"As the others file out, I lay my hand on the sleeve of Dria's jacket."

"From my vantage point in the lobby, I have a clear view of Vivian and Rafe."

"Men are so damn easy."

"A muffled pop sounds as I head down the stairs into the basement to check with Asa."

"Calm down, man."

"Lori would have to be the bitch to open the door."

"Something doesn't feel right in my head."

"The sweat dripping down the side of my face into my hair feels good."

"I swivel in my chair as the sliding wall comes to a halt."

"I don't know Jon all that well yet, he keeps to himself a lot."

"The locked door swings inward to reveal the redheaded temptress."

"My laughter, over some comment from Drew, dies when Vivian comes down the hall with Bob draped over her shoulder."

"The flash of fur reveals one of the wolves stood outside watching while I swam."

"As much as it pains me to admit, I say once the furry fucker shuts up, I agree with Jon."

"We watch Rafe disappear through the kitchen and a quiet tension fills the air between the master, Jon, and me."

"What?"

"See you then, I say with a smile as I click the phone off."

"The calm of the empty gym engulfs me as the door swings shut."

"You're sure, Lori?"

"My wife whips around, guilt and anxiety playing across her face."

"Shit," comes Rafe's voice over the line."

"A slam sounds from the direction of the workroom and Asa skitters to a halt inside the command center."

"I grasp soft moss and my fingernails dig into the moist soil beneath."

"The surface wounds have all healed, pink puckered flesh coats my side as I change into a warm set of clothes."

"The shock of the outdoors sends a spike of pain through my forehead."

"The SCIF room in the basement is currently un-manned while Drew and Asa help to prepare the fake kill spot."

"Jon."

"I knew ninjas were tricky bastards, notorious for eluding capture and executing heroic escapes, but I never would have thought a poisoned one could wiggle out of silver chains."

"Is that door going up?"

"Howls fill the night as I dodge bushes and trees."

"Bad Moon Rising" pounds out of the sound system and a few of the werewolves gyrate on the parquet wood floor in wanton abandon."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)