Monday, April 23, 2012

Ashalyn's Review of Wings of the Wicked

Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire Book 2) by Courtney Allison Moulton

* Review by Ashalyn 


4 out of 5 monkeys


A non-stop emotional roller coaster ride is the best way to describe Wings of the Wicked.  It picks up with Will and Ellie struggling with staying professional and not romantic despite their desire for each other.   Leading into her and her angst feelings about him (what would a book be with no Teenage-Angst with an immortal).  It doesn’t get any better while Ellie stresses over Will obnoxiously but at least it isn’t so overwhelming it makes me sick.  Despite the whining it still had some major great parts that allowed me to overlook all of it.    

We see more of Cadan who I must say I am really, really loving in this book.  He comes in at the perfect places and always unexpected. You never could truly pinpoint a pattern or know how he is going to react.  Is he good or bad, you are on your toes the entire time trying to decide.  

Also I really enjoyed the back-story parts of this book it made me feel closer to the characters.  Ellie throughout this book grew a lot and really is coming into her powers and starting to remember her past lives.  It also gives you more Nathaniel and Lauren (they are just too sweet).  

By the end I will admit to having to wipe away a couple tears due to a few unexpected surprises.  Although the ending isn’t a huge cliffhanger it is definitely enough to have me craving more.  



Review by Ashalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)