Monday, March 12, 2012

Sentence Sneak Peek - Touch of Power

Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder

The first sentence from each chapter of Touch of Power, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.
* Spoilers are highlighted like so
:)

* ARC read via Netgalley and a finished copy from the library

"The little girl wouldn't stop crying."

"A low cough woke me from a sound sleep."

"Everyone hates healers, so why would healing your friend make me a hero?"

"My cheek stung and throbbed."

"Turn around slow," the sword's owner ordered me."

"The men sidestepped, avoiding the tip of Belen's sword."

"Stop Tohon from what?"
 

"The three men rushed Kerrick, knocking him and the tall guy to the ground."

"Those thorns look sharp, but what's wrong with going through the Lilys?"

"The game of hide-and-seek was on."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I snapped awake."

"Noelle swung the mallet at my head."

"Kerrick's wife?"

"Lying on the ground, I strained to draw a breath."

"Why would anyone want Death Lily seeds?"

"Breathing became difficult."

"That's a big leap in logic."

"I had though Kerrick would be happy I'd decided to heal his prince, but he frowned instead."

"I sat up."

"I was in big trouble."

"A coffin built for me was in Tohon's castle."
 

"Why did you do that?"

"Kerrick had lousy timing."

"She has it half right," Tohon said."
 

"Were they here when you came in?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)