Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - The Other Life

The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker

The first sentence from each chapter of The Other Life, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)
* Book will be released May 1, 2012
* ARC read via
Around The World ARC Tours


The UK cover is on the left and the US cover is on the right.  I think the UK cover goes along a lot better with the story.

"3
years, 1 month, 1 week and 6 days since I'd seen daylight."

"My eyes were closed as I listened to the sounds around me."

"Los Angeles' suburbs were deserted."

"I sat up but the movement made the dizziness worse."

"A short, thin man with shoulder-length hair stood in the doorway, smiling at me."

"Thoughts of finding Dad's mangled body had kept me awake most of the night, but when I did sleep, nightmares of hunched shadows and weeping monsters had haunted me."

"Our search for Dad could finally begin."

"I leaned my head against the seat and took a few deep breaths."

"My neck was stiff and even the tiniest movement hurt like hell."

"Misty brown eyes locked on mine, pus-like liquid welling from its tear ducts and smudging its papery skin."

"The door of the house was thrown open before the Lincoln had even come to a halt."

"Marie sat at the table and watched the stove, her eyes half-closed."

"Joshua took a step closer and clasped my hand, interlinking our fingers."

"I buried my face in the soft pillow, trying to return to sleep."

"The chirping of birds and the occasional chirring of a cricket was the only sound around us."

"The next day, Karen and Larry waited for Joshua and me in the kitchen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)