Friday, December 30, 2011

Fabulous Finale

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

* Book will be released January 3, 2012
* ARC read via Around The World ARC Tours

5 out of 5 gnomes

Wow.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this pretty much sums up my feelings when I finished the book.)  My opinion has slowly become more coherent the more I've though about it though.  This book actually left me speechless at the end, this ending will definitely have people talking.

The quest to stop the Keepers in this book really feels epic in scope and all of the emotions raging around help skyrocket the tension.  I love that there is more blending of the Guardians and the Searchers.  I really liked the secondary characters more in this book then I did in Wolfsbane.  Adne, Connor, and Ethan really grew on me as the danger increases for everyone.

Calla has to be even more of a leader because she has so many people to watch out for.  Her heart is still being pulled in multiple directions and she's still plenty worried about Ansel for obvious reasons.  She deals with this as well as can be expected and still helps in the quest to complete a weapon that is their only hope.

The love triangle is dealt with very well in the beginning of the book with Calla making some important decisions.  Things tended to even out more in this book and I even found my Shay loving heart seeing that she really does have valid reasons for choosing either Shay or Ren.  The conclusion of the triangle is shall we say intense and I do have to wonder if Calla is truly happy in the end.

The world building, the crazy twists/turns, and the characters all equal a truly unique take on wolf mythology and these books all together make for a superb trilogy that I would recommend to anyone.

Let me just reiterate again how awesome yet heartbreaking the ending is, it's the kind of ending where you may find yourself sobbing in a corner.  I found myself hating it one second and then I felt like it couldn't have ended any other way.  It even seems now that I look back that there are clues that it could end like this.  This is one ending that truly has to be read to be believed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)