Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Hexed

Hexed by Kevin Hearne

The first sentence from each chapter of Hexed, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted like so :)


"Turns out that when you kill a god, people want to talk to you."

"Leif's fangs popped out and he launched himself from his chair to the edge of my front lawn, scanning the darkness for assailants with all his senses."

"Demons smell like ass—nasty ass that slithers down your throat, finds your gag reflex, and sits on it with au-thority."

"<Did I just hear you say something about bitches?>"

"Detecting some ambivalence, I asked Oberon if he'd rather stay home than visit the witches."

"Washing a filthy Irish wolfhound is entirely unlike washing a Chihuahua."

"I made sure to make a proper breakfast in the morn-ing, since I would be off fighting demons: a fluffy omelet stuffed with feta cheese, diced tomatoes, and spinach (sprinkled with Tabasco), complemented by toast spread with orange marmalade, and a hot mug of shade-grown Fair Trade organic coffee."

"Coyote was only five minutes late."

"I gotta admit, Mr. Druid, I didn't think we'd be seein' anythin' like that."

"I spent most of the cab ride home muttering about thrice-cursed trickster gods, but by the end of it I was smiling in spite of myself."

"The tendency of modern American women to exclaim "Hiiiiiiiiiiiii!"

"People who don't live in Scottsdale like to sneer deri-sively and call it "Snotsdale."

"I confess to feeling a sense of entitlement at times."

"I spent maybe thirty seconds thinking the Morrigan had left so quickly because she was getting a bit verklemmt over my offer of friendship."

"There were multiple missed calls on my cell phone."

"Those two guys are already more annoying than the police," I said to Hal after I assured Granuaile I'd be right there."

"The Morrigan tried to wake me up gently this time, but she still managed to startle me into a waking night-mare."

"There was no time to waste."

"Dropping a werewolf into a witch fight is like drop-ping a tank into a snake pit."

"Hal navigated his slick Z4 down the back alleys until he was only a building away from my shop, and he parked it in someone's private space."

"We called ahead to make sure they knew we were com-ing and all enchantments would be dissolved for the du-ration of our visit."

"Have you changed your mind about Thor?"

"Leif showed up at my house wearing a steel breast-plate and a broad grin."

"The Sisters of the Three Auroras came down from their tower quickly and met us in the underground parking garage."

"The situation outside was a giant bowl full of gloom and grim."

Epilogue: "It's rare that I take the form of a stag."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)