Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Manifest

Manifest by Artist Arthur

The first sentence from each chapter of Manifest, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

* Spoilers are highlighted :)
* I won this book quite a while ago from Fire and Ice
"I can't hear you."

"Dinner sucks."

"It's like somebody put a sweater around my arms."

"Sleepy and cranky is how I feel when I finally step off the school bus the next morning."

"I slam the door to my bedroom shut, not sure why I'm mad, just knowing that I want desperately to be alone."
"There are two hotels in Lincoln—one that only rich people can afford to stay in and one that normal people like me and my father can afford to stay in."

"I am out of that hallway so fast a breeze probably formed behind me."

"So last night instead of seeing more spirits or dreaming of being in the graveyard with more dead people, I dreamt of Ricky."

"You're sure she saw you?"

"So my day has been officially shot."

"Well, I calm down enough to let Sasha drive me home."

"Jake's house looks like it's about half the size of ours."

"It is Jake's great-grandmother's diary."

"Krystal, you're going to talk to Franklin about the weather stuff, right?"

"It is my job to talk to Franklin, but that will have to wait."

"This really isn't a date."

"I am in my room now after having left Franklin and Ricky at the library."

"Did I ever mention that I hate Biology?"

"Dreaming about being in the cemetery is one thing."

"The meeting that had been scheduled to take place in Sasha's pool house is mysteriously changed to Jake's house."

"Ur so cute."

"Sasha appears right in between us the second he says that."

"Calm down, Krystal."

"Silent tears fall, sliding down my cheeks to land on the pillow."

"Driving home the next day my mother is still quiet."

"Being a teenager should not be this emotional."

"Franklin came over today."

"You're beautiful," my mom says as she looks at me through the mirror."

"Scanning the room, I look for Sasha and Jake."

"The windows in my room have been rattling since I got out of the tub and sat on the bed, putting lotion on my legs."

"It is finally here."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)