Monday, February 14, 2011

Interview - Dia Reeves, author of SLICE OF CHERRY

Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves

My review of Slice of Cherry

Today at Bibliognome I have my interview with author Dia Reeve who wrote the wonderfully weird book, Slice of Cherry.  This book is full of murder and mystery and Dia was nice enough to answer my questions.

Bibliognome: How did you come up with the idea for Slice of Cherry?

Dia: I dunno. I just wanted to write a story about sisters who were serial killers and everything snowballed from there.


Bibliognome: What inspired the look of the happy place?

Dia: It's meant to be a reflection of Fancy's inner landscape, if that makes sense. It's pretty and sunshiny when she's in a good mood. When she's not, it becomes hideous.


Bibliognome: How would you describe your happy place?

Dia: Since I don't drive, someplace where everything cool was within walking distance. And where I could dance like Ginger Rogers.


Bibliognome: Which character did you think was the easiest to write and why?

Dia: Fancy. I don't like things to change either, so I knew where she was coming from.


Bibliognome: What are you writing currently or percolating in your mind to write soon?

Dia: I'm working on a book now about a girl who was born without a heart  of her own and so has to steal them from living people. And yup, it takes place in Portero.


Bibliognome: Which character in Slice of Cherry is your favorite?

Dia: Fancy. She's psychopathic and delusional, but she's so cute. In my world being cute carries a lot of weight.


Bibliognome: Who is your must buy/always have to read author and what do you enjoy reading the most?        

Dia: Lee Child is always a must. I love Jack Reacher and want to marry him even though he's make-believe. Also Chelsea Cain is a pretty awesome writer. I could name a bunch of other people, but it's late and I'm tired. Child and Cain write suspense novels, but that's not really my go-to genre. Mostly I read romance and paranormal.


Bibliognome: What word is your favorite to say or write?

Dia: Eviscerate. Such a pretty word for a heinous act.


Bibliognome: Anything else that you would like to let people know?

Dia: No. The less people know about me, the better.


Quick Questions:
1.) fantasy or reality?   Fantasy. Reality rarely gives me the happy ending I so desperately need.
2.) pop or soda? In the South, we say soda.
3.) silver or gold? Silver. More romantic.
4.) Starbursts or Skittles?   Neither. Not with my braces.
5.) pen or pencil? Pencil. So I can erase my many mistakes.
6.) future or past? Future. I never look
back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)