Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Vesper

Vesper by Jeff Sampson

The first sentence from each chapter of Vesper, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.  

*All sentences taken from an ARC I received via Different Area Codes tours
*Title release date = January 25, 2011

"I was halfway out my bedroom window when my cell rang."

"By the next morning I'd completely forgotten about Emily Cooke."

"Nothing gets your mind off depressing thoughts of dead teenagers like being called fat on the internet."

"I intended to go straight to Megan's house."

"The garage's side door was unlocked, so I didn't bother knocking."

"The rest of the night was more or less a blur--literally, because I didn't have my glasses."

"Well, as far as I can tell, girls, you're both completely healthy."

"Stop whatever boring thing you're doing."

"Lesson for the day, kids: Hangovers are real, and they are the opposite of fun."

"I was officially grounded."

"It was Friday night."

"No matter how made up I was, it was difficult to seem glamorous driving Little Rusty--Megan's tiny, boxy car was white trash supreme."

"Flames flared from the gun's muzzle, flashing like the strobes inside the club."

"Gray, misty daylight slowly filtered through my eyelids."

"I snapped awake the next morning with a sharp intake of breath, adrenaline surging through my veins, certain that the shooter would be standing over me, gun pointing at my head, preparing to blow my brains out."

"I lay in bed, Ein clutched to my stomach, waiting for night to fall and the change to happen."

"I awoke the next morning so early that the sun barely peeked over the trees."

"Spencer let me borrow a pair of shoes that were too big for my feet, then drove me home."

"The school parking lot was more full than all of last week, and Spencer had some trouble finding a place to pull in."

2 comments:

  1. I love that cover! My favorite line is the lesson for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my favorite line too. The cover of the book is what first caught my attention, really has a great mysterious feeling to it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)