Friday, January 21, 2011

Sentence Sneak Peek - Vampyre Kisses

Vampyre Kisses by Elizabeth J. Kolodziej

The first sentence from each chapter of Vampyre Kisses, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.


* I received  this ebook for review from the author.


Prologue:  "As she stared at the pub’s patrons staggering around drunk, she realized how amusing the existence of mortals had become."

"I opened my eyes as I heard the shrieking of my alarm clock urging me to wake."

"Rain fell from the night sky, making the air cooler than it had been all year."

"I woke up in the middle of the afternoon."

"I looked at my reflection in the mirror while I tied my dark auburn hair into a low ponytail; some relentless curls escaped, falling around my ears."

"I turned the page and read the top words out loud."

"Working with werewolves would be hard enough, but could I even get the job done?"

"When I woke up the next afternoon, I found Oran lying on my stomach curled up in a ball."

"I stretched out my arm as far as it would go, but I still could not reach her."

"After Trent had left, I gave details to Akilah about all the thoughts and feelings that had gone through me while I was under the waterfall."

"Soon Zou Tai and I split from the other vampires and werewolves."

"Akilah had begun to push me harder the next couple of days."

"I am going with you, Trent!"

"I am here to speak with Kali."

"I think we should go see Collin,” Trent said after Daeka had been gone for almost an hour and only the four … well five … were in the room."

"I could not understand how my feelings for Faith had grown so quickly."

"I sat in my apartment looking over my family spell book."

"The night did not seem to shroud the city fast enough."

"Darren?"

"Why did you let him go?"

"Thank you, Doctor Scott, please head on through."

"The light had begun to fade too quickly in Faith’s opinion."

"Faith."

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I have never seen anyone do this before. Kind of neat to see all the first sentences in one place like that. :) Hope the review comes out soon!

    <3's and Fangs,
    Liz ^_^
    www.vampyrekisses.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,

    I'll be posting the review tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)