Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sentence Sneak Peek - Being Jamie Baker

Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram

The first sentence from each chapter of Being Jamie Baker, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

*I received this book via Star Book Tours
*Highlighted parts contain spoilers


"Most superhero stories start with a meteor shower of a nasty insect bite, but mine actually starts with a kiss."

"I
wondered if Ryan would keep bothering me, but he didn't."


"It was an impulsive decision, and one that I couldn't take back."


"Ryan actually had the nerve to laugh at me as I stormed into my room and slammed the door in his face."


"Some nights there's just no sleeping."


"I knew my parents wanted me to try to live a normal life since we moved to Sacramento, but they were beyond relentless with the Ryan chatter the rest of the week-end."


"I cried all the way home from school that day."


"I used to wish on stars that one day I'd be able to escape the tiny hick town I grew up in."


"Every time I closed my eyes that night, Ryan was there, holding me so tenderly that I felt as though I'd died and gone to heaven."


"I had my usual front row seat on the Grand Canyon's edge, waiting for another spectacular sunset."


"There were advantages to being in ice queen mode again."


"Eight o'clock Saturday morning I was up in my room--yes, watching cartoons if you must know--when Ryan's voice suddenly caught my attention."


"Having to find excuses for all the time I spent with Ryan over the next few weeks wasn't really much of a problem--since my accident I'd constantly been tak-ing off for hours at a time, claiming I needed a little peace and quiet--but my parents' fridge was becoming even more crowded."


"Thanks to Mike and his itchy punching fist, I hadn't seen Ryan all week, and I was stuck with nothing but my thoughts to entertain me at school."


"It could have been worse, I guess."


"I was slamming the front door to my house shut not two seconds later."


"The next day the tension at school was thick."


"Mr. Edward's speech had actually given me a lot to think about, so instead of going home, I headed for the hilltop that overlooks the football field."


"I was so mentally exhausted that I didn't have the energy to do anything but walk."


"I didn't come home for two days."


"I went home and my mother knew something was up the minute I walked in the door."


"It felt so good to be out on the field, messing around with Becky."


"I didn't hesitate for even a second as I flew to the school and blew through the door to my ."English classroom


"I didn't give Mr. E. a chance to plead his case."


"Ryan was conscious when I returned."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)