Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sentence Sneak Peek - Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

The first sentence from each chapter of Paranormalcy, it's a mini summary of what you can expect to read.

*Some mild spoilers below


"Wait--did you--You just yawned!"

"The vid screen next to my couch buzzed again."

"My eyes couldn't seem to focus on the creature."

"Where's Denise?"

"I--no, that's not what IPCA does," I said."

"I had finally fallen asleep later that morning when the alarm went off."

"One vamp I could handle."

"I screamed for him to come back, then sat heavily on one of the couches."

"Raquel's vampire explanation came first."

"Stupid, stupid, stupid," I muttered as I stomped down the halls."

"The next morning I was still feeling down."

"Lend was lying on his bed with his back to the door when I got there."

"The next day (after sending a rather snippy message to Raquel informing her that I was going to see Lend) I went into his room, laptop in hand."

"I stared at my arm."

"Lend could see the flames under my skin."

"We stumbled out of the Faerie Paths into the dim sunlight of a hazy, cold field, surrounded by nothing but tall brown grass."

"Raquel was sitting in a chair near my kitchen, talking quietly on her communicator when I woke up on the couch."

"Determined to be as good as my word, I pulled out my communicator and sent a message to Raquel right then, asking her when we could talk."

"What do you think he meant by that?"

"Two days later and I was going crazy."

"I tried to connect back to Lish on the vid screen, but the channel was busy."

"What do you mean she looks like me?"

"My mind refused to wrap around the truth."

"Sitting in Lend's warm kitchen, I couldn't believe what his dad had just said."

"I walked through the Center hallways, blinking against the white."

"Vivian?"

"Your mom?"

"Arianna wasn't dead."

"I woke up early the next morning, relieved after a dreamless sleep and buzzing with excitement to go to a real, live high school."

"Dinner was a little uncomfortable."

"I was relieved later when Lend finally shut his books; I'd had too much time to sit there, stewing over lost friends, werewolves, and Fire Girl's escalating attacks."

"I dropped the communicator like it had burned my hands."

"My eyes flew open in panic--the whole world was shaking."


"Lend and I were out in the woods again, kissing.  It was nighttime, but I could see perfectly."

"Lend looked confused."

"Vivian didn't show up again until the week of the prom."

"Arianna was studying my hair, deep in thought."

"I already knew I was a disastrous dancer, thanks to the iPod ankle-spraining fiasco, but Lend and I threw caution and self-consciousness to the wind, flailing around in the middle of the floor with everyone else."

"What  could I possibly say to Vivian, standing here in Lend's kitchen.?

"I looked at Reth."

"Being dead wasn't supposed to hurt."

3 comments:

  1. Can't say it's grabbing me just yet, but i'll wait for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really fun read, the review will be up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book. I have to wait till the next book in 2011.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)