Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Double Cross - My favorite quotes/lines

These quotes/lines from the book will give you some insight into how funny and intriguing the world of the disillusionists can be.


Double Cross by Carolyn Crane
"I hate this job more every day."

"He looks like a space-age pimp."

"Reverse emotional vampires, doomed to roam Midcity, on the hunt, shooting our crazy, fucked-up darkness into our victims."

"Yeah, well, the whole knight-in-shining-armor thing never worked so well for me."

"And I remember how it felt to hold you, and how holding you made my prison walls seem to vanish for once."

"He takes another bite, and I watch, a hungry beggar outside a candy-store window."

"Stop smiling with your idiotic face."

"He's a surgically implanted freak of paranoia."

"Pfft. Heart is a pump."

"I stare at the open door.  It feels like a closed door."

"He clicks off, but I stay, holding the phone to my ear, not quite ready to end the connection."

"Thieves are just like bees, I tell myself.  Leave them alone and they'll leave you alone."

"You can walk the streets striking fear into people's hears."

"I used to avoid knowing my fear so intimately, but Packard got me to turn toward it and understand it."

"Basically, we've been robbing people of an essential part of the human journey."

"You are the bravest, best person I've ever known."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, let me know what you think. Hope you enjoy the blog, I love reading each and every comment. :)